Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A funny, a Review, and a public service


What Are they?... BooBees *g*

Another exhale and a Squee!! Winning Bess received Five Angels from Fallen Angel Reviews and is a Recommended Read!!!!!

Winning Bess is a gritty slice of American history. This erotic romance isn’t set in some neat and tidy Regency ballroom but in an 1847 New York City slum. The writing is wonderfully descriptive. I was so sucked into the story I lifted my feet off the floor as I read so the rats couldn't touch them. I have never done that before. The dialogue is curt and harsh, the sex scenes hot and the romance surprisingly sweet. Winning Bess is a winning read.~ Kimber
*Gopher dancing*

And yes, My Soapbox Public Service…Its election day here in the states, and they say the whole world is watching. I’m Proud to say I voted, and so did my son, Jim. Today was his first time. He was very excited about this right of passage.

And while I was excited about the presidential election, and enjoyed debating issues with my kids.( Mainly that when I studied Yellow Journalism in school it was considered a bad thing *blink*) I tried to emphasize to them that they shouldn’t let the presidential campaign over-shadow the other elections taking place. There are others whose platforms we should look closer at besides the presidential nominees.

I feel my vote is better served by whom I vote for to fill seats in the Senate and Congress, along with those running in the local races. These are the people that vote for the issues close to home. Those representing us at the national house level are the ones that higgle and haggle over the proposed budgets and bills put before them and ultimately vote to pass or reject them. Don’t think party members all think the same, know what they stand for.

No Matter your philosophy on political science or how you feel the country should be run I hope fellow Americans all took pride in your Civic duty and educated yourself then got out there to vote. And the Polls are still open if you haven’t!!

May you take pride in what your ancestors struggled hard to achieve, no matter where you hail from!
Mari

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Congratulations on the excellent review. I'm lifting my feet, looking for rats at the moment since I've just watched Ratouille. :)

11/11/2008 1:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ROFL!Thanks!! If you find the ones from Ratouille send them over to cook for me!

11/11/2008 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home