Friday, October 03, 2008

Word of the Week

Entry for October 03, 2008
In the world that knows me as Reenie, my friend, Neil, posts a word of the week. For fun, and much to his delight, I and other friends decided to write the word in a passage. And since I have writing to do, a pile of articles I want to read to see if they are blog worthy, and 20, 7 year olds coming this weekend for a birthday party. I am putting my passage here and going back to being a chicken with my head cut off...albeit a lonely one that misses everyone. *g*

The word this week is... Assuage

Main Entry: as·suage
Pronunciation: \É-ˈswāj also -ˈswÄzh or -ˈswäzh\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): as·suaged; as·suag·ing
Etymology: Middle English aswagen, from Anglo-French asuager, from
Vulgar Latin *assuaviare, from Latin ad- + suavis sweet" more at sweet
Date: 14th century
1 : to lessen the intensity of (something that pains or
distresses) : ease
2 : pacify, quiet Edward Gibbon>
3 : to put an end to by satisfying : appease, quench



My mind came up with--


Her breaths became ragged…audible. Her hands clutched and her
fingernails dug into his shoulders. He knew she was on the edge, that she wanted him to appease the arousal he had built. But her need gave him the strength to deny her. For so long she had denied him, drove his frustration to new heights. Now it was her turn, he planned to drive her to the edge over and over until she begged for him to ASSUAGE her need.

Oh and he would. He would give them both the satisfaction they sought--She moaned, raked her nails over his back. A smile toyed with his lips as she tried to pull him closer--just not yet.


copyright of maureen gianinio (however you do it) cause it just may show up in some way, shape, or form in some WIP that might reach publication.


Funny what a single word can make your mind come up with. ( yes, it seems that's the one place my mind always goes *g*). If you want to give it a try, go for it. See where the word takes you... just let me know so I can read it.


Okay, enough of the blahs and procrastination... back to work I go!

HUGS, thanks for stopping by,

Mari

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Hi Mari - good paragraph. Exercises like this are great, especially if you're stuck. Have a fun time with all those 7 year olds!

10/03/2008 6:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Shelley! yup I am tempted to get a word of the day calendar for my desktop! As for the girls...we survived! We had a Mad Scientist entertaining them. Will blog on my personal blog once I find the cable to download pictures!

10/06/2008 2:52 PM  
Blogger Amy Ruttan said...

Hmm I'll have to think on assauge.

I just had 10 5 year olds at my house end of September. I feel for you.

10/06/2008 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home