Monday, October 27, 2008

a conference, a pumpkin, and an Army of Darkness




I had a great time at the conference, but right now I have conference brain and need a few days to sort it all before I can share some of it.

JR Ward and Eloisa James assured me I am not insane because I cry when writing certain scenes and that my heart races when writing others. If you aren't affected when you write then you need to go back and find out why the characters emotions aren't touching you, there is something wrong. Emotion is the most important thing you can give your writing.

I did learn that Maggie Shayne can walk in 6 inch heals (Jessican Simpson line at Macy's. She tried to hate them, really, she did) and believes Joss Whedon is a god. Awesome presentation!,

And Virginia Kantra prefers to be barefoot with power-red toenails (All southern ladies wouldn't be caught dead without painted toenails, according to her daughter) and can really nail the male POV.

There's also all the stuff I learned about inside the FBI from agent Pamelia Stratton. I think her Vest weighed more than she did *blink* All in all a good time catching up with some same time next year friends too. *Blink* so much for not sharing LOL I did get more out of it, honest.

Spent Sunday with the kids, pumpkin picking and carving (thats them in the picture. Can you guess which one I made?) and then put Beanie to bed and cuddled up with the hubby in the couch and watched Army of Darkness, one of my all time cukt ckassic favorites... Thus the video below...

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelley Munro said...

Very cool pumpkins! 'We don't carve pumpkins over here. I really feel as if I'm missing out.

I love Virginia Kantra's workshops - both online and in person. I'm in awe of anyone who can walk in heels. I'm clumsy in them!

10/27/2008 10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't deal with heels either. Virginia was excellent! I will have to keep an eye out for online workshops... an hour at a convention just isn't enough time.

11/04/2008 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home