Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sixteen Random Things about Mari

A tag by Ann Aguirre has instigated Mechele Armstrong to tag me! Moi? sweet timid moi!

The mission: list sixteen random personal facts or habits, and then pick twelve of my friends to tag.
Well I am not sure if I can scrounge up 16 LOL my life isn't that interesting. But I will give it a go and I will try not to repeat the 8 facts about me in the May 15, 2007 blog entry. Also I don't know that many people here in blogdom, I am hoping to meet more but for now I will only tag 2. Here it goes:

1. My real name is Maureen and I am a Jersey girl.

2. I am a procrastinator

3. I tend to ramble on in a nonlinear fashion but eventually I get to the point. even when writing... Thank God for Cut and Delete and Move options or tweaking would be hell!

4. I have a gem and shell collection. My favorites being a sand dollar I found camping in Florida and A polished sphere of aventurine, which is supposed to enhance creativity. I keep it nearby!

5. When I can get away my favorite place to go is Cape May NJ. Sink my toes in the sand, inhale the ocean air and hoist a pint at the Ugly Mug!

6. I have 342 books in my TBR pile! There are just so many books and so little time!

7. I am addicted to reality shows like Project Runway and Top Chef. I watch Wife Swap and Super Nanny on occassion just to remind myself how lucky I am.

8. I play Colorstorm on webkinz to help my daughter earn webkinz dollars. It is addicting! I am determined to beat level 9! I think my electronic suduko is getting jealous.

9. I have a letter in varsity football from high school! I was the statistician!

10. The football coach chaperoned our senior class trip to Quebec. He slept on a cot in front of the elevator to keep the guys from sneaking down to the girls floor of the hotel. He knew my friends and I were Ranger hockey fans. So when Dave and Don Maloney and Ed Hospador got off the elevator and almost tripped over him... you guessed it I found myself sitting on a cot at 2am talking to members of my favorite team *swoon*

11. My first step into the yahoo group world was Christine Feehan's discussion loop. where I met a wonderful group of women just as insane as I am. I also met my evil twin from Australia, Mo, and she has me addicted to Tim Tams! I look forward to care packages from down under!

12. My favorite flower is the gerber daisy.

13. Umm my birthday is March 17th, making me a pisces.

14. We have two cats, Kiri (Mist in japanese) and Rainbow. They are like ying and yang. Kiri is all over and into everything and Rainbow is a docile purring machine.

15. I like to learn things. Favorite subjects being different places, mythology and history. Still trying to figure the Mayans out but I have created a premise based on their mythology *g*

16. Umm Marissa is just about to wrap up a WIP called Colm's Win! It's an Historical set in NY's five points in 1847.

Colm wants out of the city, but most of all he wants a future with Bess. The only things standing in his way are her father and a prize fight. He is sure of his fists and winning the prize, but he isn't sure he can win Bess' heart.

Though Bess has feelings for Colm, it is hard for her to go against her father's wishes, when he is all the family she has left. And when those she loves are threatened, she is willing to sacrifce her heart's desire to make sure they stay safe.

*g* as you can see the blurb is a work in progress too

Okay since Mechele tagged just about everyone I know in the blogging world... I am going to tag two. Nina Nash, see what you get for visiting here! *g* And Mary Stella.

HUGS, may all your random little things add up to a wonderfully fulfilling life!
Mari

3 Comments:

Blogger FeyRhi said...

I love Colourstorm almost as much as I love Freaky Factory on Neopets. LOL It's nice to know I'm not the only mom who earns points for their kids. *G*

2/08/2008 11:17 PM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

Noooooooo. No tags! Okay. I'll do the meme at some point, but I'm not promising it anytime soon. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Besides, I did something like this on my blog not too long ago.

2/10/2008 10:59 PM  
Blogger Amy Ruttan said...

I was supposed to be born on March 17 ... was month late (roughly) and born on Easter Sunday April 16th. Won't say the year ;) Thus I was supposed to be Picses and ended up Aries, it explains alot. :D

2/11/2008 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home