Monday, September 18, 2006

Quotes

One of my favorite procrastination passtimes is reading quotes and collecting ones that strike a cord with me. someone on the Cerriwden Authors Blog asked How do you write? well my other half and probably better half is a panster. Her characters get their fingers on the keyboard and away they go! Me? Well I used to think I was a panster too, but now am realizing i need some direction. at least three scenes in advance. My characters like to know where they are going and at least a few turns in advance so that quick right turn isnt missed. I started reading the book The Writer's Book of Matches by the staff of Fresh Boiled Peanuts ( www.freshboiledpeanuts.com) and came across a new favorite quote and way to describe my plotting panster ways...

"Writing is like driving a car at night. You can see only as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way."~E.L. Doctorow

Speaking of Cerridwen press blog.. we posted there today, if you have time stop over and leave a comment! Stop by anytime, the writers there have some great things to say! the link is on the side>>>

May you always find the right turns and if you miss one may the detour by an exciting one!
Mari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home